Wednesday 18 May 2011

Best Birthday Present Ever!!

Just a realllllly short note today - my energy was all wiped away over awareness week. (Totally worth it, but completely exhausting!!)

It was my birthday yesterday, and in the noon post, I received a card from my brother and sister in law. Enclosed in the envelope was a complete surprise - a picture by my 1yr old nephew Jack, who recently discovered colouring pens! ;)

Best Birthday Present EVER!

(Ok, maybe not quite ever as I've received some very special ones from other loved ones over the years (Yep, I'm talking to you, Johanna & Sally!) but certainly one of the best! I can't imagine much that would have made me smile so much on a birthday where I felt so ill and couldn't even get out of bed.)

I don't get to see Jack very often at all, though he only lives across the city from me (and I'm talking a UK city, not a huge American one!), so this is just so special and wonderful to have. My mum happened to be going into work today, so I asked her to laminate it for me, and it's now sitting on a shelf by my bed along with birthday cards from family.

picture by my 1 yr old nephew Jack, sent to me for my birthday. :)



How completely adorable is that??!!?? I can only imagine how much he managed to colour himself while he was at it! ;)

Susannah's Signature
I'd love to hear your reply and I know it'll be valued by other readers too! I always try to respond, please just be aware that it can take me some time to find the energy to do so as I've been particularly ill recently and struggling to get online. Thanks for reading! :)


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment